Friday, June 03, 2011

Noisy Building Works Continue

A really hot day today.  The builders continue to work hard and the walls of the new room above the garage are taking shape.  Ed called for me at just after 7 a.m. this morning and gave me a lift to the Ambassadors' Breakfast Club's Annual General Meeting at the Grasmere Hotel, Salisbury.  At the meeting I handed out Sara's Winterslow Calendar Girls cards and made a short presentation about the forthcoming Salisbury Racecourse event in September.  Following the meeting, Ed gave me a lift back home. I dealt with sojme paperwork connected with Malcolm's tribunal and had a couple of telephone conversatinos wit It was hard to work in the study due to the incredible noises coming from behind the wall where my laptop desk is situated.  h him. At one stage it sounded as though the wall was about to collapse on top of me.  The cause of this noise was the chiseling in of the floor rafters to support the floor of the new room.  Sara did her normal stint at the Lord Nelson and Mary went to play with a friend.  Tom's new arrived in the post this morning so he was happy setting that up (still don't quite understand what it is or what it does).  I went into Andover to do some banking and also had a coffee in Caffe Nero and read my daily devotionals - it was good to get away from the builders' noise and dust.  This evening, Tom and I played another round of golf at Grateley.  I played much much better than yesterday securing a round of 35 with a birdie 2 of the first hole - the best I have ever done on that hole.  Tom and I went for a drink at The Plough before returning home where I made a prawn curry for Sara and myself which we ate whilst watching an interesting documentary on "Cleopatra the Killer" which chronicled the rivalry between the famous Eygptian Queen and her younger sister .  Feeling really tired wirh this intense heat - 28 degrees C today!

No comments:

Post a Comment