Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Champney's at Forest Mere - Day 3

My short break at Champney's comes to an end today - so quick and feels, as usual, too short a stay.  I got up early for a swim in the main pool to find it occupied by a group of ladies jumping up and down doing aquarobics whilst being shouted at by a trainer on the poolside.  I decided to duck into the steam room for ten minutes followed by a cold plunge.  I did manage a twenty-minute swim before showering and returnning to my room for a cup of tea and to start the packing process.  I manged to get most of the packing done and stowed in my car by breakfast - my last meal here for a while.  I enjoyed a healthy breakfast of fruit and cottage cheese with some wholemeal organic toast.  I spent the rest of the morning sitting by the window in the Piano lounge reading Steve Chalke's book.  I treated myself to a latte and a slice of lemon drizzle cake before finally leaving Forest Mere just before 1 p.m.  I arrived back home at about 2.15 p.m. to find Sophie with her daughter here.  We chatted over a cup of tea - Sara was busy answering telephone calls - and she left us about an hour later.  Tonight was the fifth seesion of the LWL course at Sarum College when we looked at the Traditional Offices and went through the Book of Common Prayer versions of Morning Prayer and Evensong.  I sang some the the versicles to Evensong with other members of the course singing the responses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment