Saturday, June 04, 2011

Hot Saturday

Another sweltering hot day today (reaching 27.5 Degrees C) and it suddenly dawned on me that this is the last free Saturday before my Selection Conference next week.  How time creeps up on one!  The builders have decided to stay over this weekend with the scaffolders coming tomorrow so that they can build further upwards on top of the garage.  They plan to try and get the new roof in place by the end of next week.  It won't be long before they will be breaking through into Tom's bedroom and then the dust will really be around us.  Started the day with attending the Men's Breakfast meeting at Paul and Karen's with Paul cooking bacon rolls for about seven of us.  The main topic of conversation this month was "What price life? A difficult subject but we managed to keep chatting about it until around 10.30 a.m.  Unfortunately our bin was missed yesterday - they came really early before we put it out - and so I took our domestic rubbish together with some re-cycling and old cardboard boxes to the recycling centre at Amesbury.  I also called in to Tesco's to buy some ink for Dad's fountain pen which Mum had given me.  Having tried the pen later in the day, I was delighted to find it such a smooth writer and used it to complete the CRB Form I need to hand in to Church House on Monday.  It was really too hot to do much this afternoon, and I was feeling really tired and lethargic, so I laid on the bed and watched a documentary about General Doolittle and the raids he led on Tokyo in the Second World War and afterwards the England v Switzerland football match at Wembley on the TV (a poor match for England who only managed a 2-2 draw after being 0-2 at one point).  I spent the evening filling in the CRB Form and sorting out paperwork in the study whilst Sara and Mary watched the final of Britain's Got Talent and Tom was working with his HD-PVR to produce a piece of homework for next week.  I went to bed relatively early at 11.00 p.m.  This evening we had a bit of a "monsoon" with constant lightning in the distance over Salisbury Plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment