Thursday, June 23, 2011

What's up doc?

Well, the answer is nothing!  Went for my annual check-up at the doctor's this morning, thus missing Fat Fighters, and was greeted by a smiling doctor who after checking my blood pressure, weighing me and having a general chat shook my hand and said I appeared in good health and to keep on with the exercise and sensible eating.  He said I had done really well.  I know I have put a bit of weight back on recently but hope to get on top of that once the wet weather and pressure of work (which keeps me glued to the office seat) eases off.  I cycled to school this afternoon to pick up Mary although I did spend much of the day in the office working on a tribunal claim and dealing with some essential correspondence.  Indeed, a pile of fresh mail arrived this morning including a thick package from the Salisbury Diocesan Office setting out the dates for my main training sessions (including one residential weekend) which, unfortunately, means that I will miss a couple of home football matches - Nottingham Forest and Brighton.  I also have more forms to fill in including my application for Oxford Brookes University where my course will be included as part of a Foundation Degree in Ministry. I also have a reading list of two books to complete before my course starts on 3rd September.  Fortunately, I have read one of them already as part of my preparation for the Selection Conference.  Peter was down today laying the laminate flooring in Tom's new bedroom and the builders painted his ceiling.  Mary's plaster is still wet and so no progress can be made on that room.  She will have a super room when it's finished.  I bought Peter a pint in the Lion's Head this evening on my way to Richard's where the House Group was held - we decanted from our house as the dust, general untidiness, not to mention the fact that Mary is sleeping in the lounge at present, makes it unrealistic to hold it at ours.  We watched the fourth and final DVD of Gerard Kelly's bible study sessions on Malachi.  Some very in-depth theological thinking required.  On a lighter note, I managed to book tickets for Tom, Richard, Jonno and me to go to the Rose Bowl again tomorrow night to watch Hampshire v. Gloucestershire in the Friends Life 20/20 tournament.  If the weather holds we should see some exciting cricket tomorrow. Oh, also, as I was leaving Richard's, Linda drew my attention to the fact that a large photo of me appears in the July edition of Sarum Link, the Diocesan newspaper looking very "unministerial" in a chef's hat serving sausages and burgers at an old Food for Thought event.  The chef's hat I am wearing looks rather like a bishop's mitre which drew the obvious comments!  I leave you to judge for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment