Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Back in Dorking

A very long day today.  I was up at 6 a.m. today and on the road just after 6.30 a.m. to drive to Dorking where I was spending the morning with a client.  It was like old times when I regularly commuted to Dorking as part of my previous employment.  The difference this time was that I am now working for myself and for completely new people and organisation.  I was in Dorking until 1.30 p.m. when I set off back for Salisbury where I was meeting an old solicitor-colleague from Exeter who was joining me for tea at the Boston Tea Party in the centre of Salisbury.  We spent a pleasant couple of hours chatting and catching up on our news over the last eighteen months or so.  I took him back to the station to catch his train back to Exeter and went home briefly before picking up James to go with me to East Grimstead for the Joint PCC Meeting to discuss the future of the Clarendon Team (or Church).  The meeting lasted for two hours without any formal conclusions being reached.  It is interesting to observe the different dynamics within the different parishes - something I will need to get used to in the coming months and years.  James and I mulled over some of the issues and discussions over a couple of pints in the Lion's Head afterwards.  Sara spent tonight attending a Jamie Oliver party at Sophie's and Mary stayed overnight.  I spoke briefly to Sara's niece and arranged to take our great nephew, Harry, with us to the Southampton v. Torquay United Carling Cup game in August.  I think it will be a nice introduction to their new life in Salisbury and an opportunity for Tom to get to know and enjoy the company of his cousin (they are actually first cousins once removed).

No comments:

Post a Comment