Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Dinner at the Fox & Goose

The weather finally broke today, as predicted, with heavy showers towards the end of the morning.  Duncan arrived early to continue work on the electrics, particularly Tom's bedroom.  I moved some of the boxes from the landing into the Guest Room as Tom's new bed was arriving today and I would need room to swing it into his corridor.  I spent most of the day on Complex work and doing all those odd jobs which I had not got around to this weekend.  I booked the tickets for the Jeff Lucas/Adrian Plass Seriously Funny show which is to take place on Tuesday 22nd November at Totton.  We have a final number of 26 going which meant a further 10% discount on the ticket price.  I propose to use this to defray the transport costs.  Much of my work today was for my client in Surrey as the manager concerned is about to go on holiday.  It was agreed that I would spend a day up in their offices whilst he is away.  This evening I attended a new Weight Watchers' class up at Barry's Fields and found that I had put on another half a pound since I was last weighed some three week's ago.  Not bad and much better than I had thought as I have not been tracking properly.  This means that I am not too far off track but still need to lose another stone.  Should be able to do this with proper discipline starting tomorrow.  If necessary a few trips to the gym are called for.  After Weight Watchers I drove out to Coombe Bissett to meet with Lee, my masonic friend whom I am mentoring.  He would like to join my chapter in Brighton and I gave him the application form.  He was very impressed by all the work Sara has been doing with her Calendar and has promised to donate £50.  We had an excellent meal at the Fox & Goose - steak and chips for two with a bottle of Italian red wine all for £20 (£10 each).  Excellent value and well cooked too - the steak was delicious.  We treated ourselves to the cheese board afterwards.  Lee suggested we all ought to meet up there for a Sunday family roast sometime - their roasts are supposed to be really good too.  Must get to bed.  Early morning tomorrow with Morning Prayer and Clergy meeting here at St. John's.

No comments:

Post a Comment