Friday, July 01, 2011

Coffee Morning!

I should have attended Ambassadors' business breakfast this morning but I had a dental appointment at 9 am to have a filling.  When I arrived at the dentist (on time) I was told by the receptionist that my appointment was for Monday evening!  I knew that I had not made an appointment for an evening and had not changed it so producing my appointment card - which luckily I had managed not to lose - they had to accept that the error was on their part and agreed to see me.  It was a difficult pieve of dentistry and the sound of the drill reminded me of all the building work going on at home.  Following the visit, I went into town to do some banking and then drove to Alderbury to pop in to the Boundary Cafe there and support Alison and Andrew who are running it.  I met Gail and a nice couple who live in Alderbury but don't attend church.  The cafe is doing really well and is clearly an important social gathering for people on a Friday morning.  I also called in at West Dean to see how Sophie's coffee shop re-launch was going.  Sara was already there meeting with Cynthia to sign her LPA contract.  I stayed for another cup of coffee and a brownie before returning to Winterslow.  This afternoon I attended to some more work and this evening played a couple of hours tennis with Tom, Mary and Sophie.  This is the first time Mary has played tennis properly and she is making progress.  It was good for me to get some more exercise in as I have been sitting down quite a lot recently working at the computer.  After Sophie left we had a Chinese takeaway meal for a change. Mary is now in her new bedroom following the painting of her walls (there remain some imperfections which need sorting out) and loves it.  At least one of the children is sleeping back in their room.  There is still quite a lot of electrical work to be done and Mary doesn't have her TV socket installed properly yet.  We also need to buy and install her wardrobe - still things are now, at last, taking shape internally.

No comments:

Post a Comment