Monday, July 18, 2011

Harry Potter - The finale

A day without appointments today so quite leisurely except I had to read through a voluminous file of papers for one of my all-day cases later this week.  Having tidied up the family room following the removal of quite a few of Tom's items into his new bedroom, I stretched myself out on the bed-sofa and doggedly went through all the papers.  Sara got on with some laundry after having been to one of the Calendar locations to supervise another shoot.  This evening we all went to Southampton to see the latest and final Harry Potter film.  We naughtily stopped off at KFC for an early supper - bang goes the diet again - before turning up at the cinema about half an hour early.  This last film is in 3-D with some amazing visual effects.  It draws together many of the loose ends from all the previous films although is still, to me, complicated as I have never been a real Harry Potter fan.  I have enjoyed all the films - a remarkable story with some remarkable acting and visual effects - and I am pleased to have seen them all.  If time ever permits, I will try and read all the books with a view to understanding some of the more suitable plots.  I might then watch all the films again.  The Lord of the Rings is a similar problem for me.  When I was at Liverpool I read The Hobbit which was a good easy story but I could never get into The Ring.  I was given the film trilogy in DVDs a few Christmas's ago and have seen the first one but before I can go on to No. 2, I'll need to see No. 1 again.  The important thing is that Tom and Mary (and Sara who still drools over Alan Rickman) enjoyed Harry Potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment