Saturday, July 02, 2011

Going to the dogs!

I found it difficult to get out of bed this morning.  I woke at around 7 a.m. (Tom went off to do his paper round - with Sara driving him to the shop) and then dozed until 9 a.m. having quite a few dreams in that period. The weather was warm today.  Sara took Mary into Salisbury for her ballet and I stayed at home to write some important business letters for Complex surrounding the tribunal I am currently doing in Manchester. I later drove into Salisbury myself to post the letters (the collection in the village was too early for me to catch it) and run a few errands and meet up with Sara and Mary at The Boston Tea Party coffee/tea shop where we had a pot of tea each.  This evening, Mary and I went to Poole Greyhound Stadium for a bit of time together - I don't often have much time on my own with Mary - and we had a most enjoyable (although very unprofitable) evening.  We met and chatted with one of the dog owners and Mary seemed very interested in understanding more fully the racecard and its terminology.  I think that rather than studying form and the scientific aspects of greyhound racing, she should go back to her "intuition" as we didn't have even a sniff of a win tonight.  Never mind we had a lovely evening and a pleasant drive back through the New Forest and over Dean Hill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment