Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pearls

Up early this morning - Tom had his Sunday paper round to do and papers to sort - and I walked to church.  Sara was the official Church Welcomer today.  Today marked the end of an era with Linda giving her last Praise Service at All Saints before she moves away to commence her ordination training at a church somewhere in Salisbury.  Quite an emotional occasion.  An excellent service continuing the theme of the Kingdom of Heaven with pearls being used to illustrate the point that the closer we are to God the more lustre we have - just like pearls.  We shall certainly miss her.  I took the clippings from my tree pruning to the recycling centre after church.  This afternoon I spent some time putting up curtain poles in Tom's bedroom.  He has three windows in his bedroom and so three poles had to be put up - eighteen holes to drill!  All went quite smoothly I'm pleased to say, although I would never regard myself as a "DIYer".  I also started to remove some of the large branches on our front garden tree which has grown to such an extent that I am fearful that we are losing quite a bit of light at the front of the house.  A project of mine, now, is to cull some of the large bushes and trees which have grown up significantly since we moved in some twelve years ago.  It is amazing how quickly trees grow.  I treated us all to a Chinese takeaway this evening as a reward for all the work done today.

No comments:

Post a Comment