Saturday, July 30, 2011

Tom visits the opticians

After yesterday's excursion to Oxfordshire I thought a quiet day at home would be in order.  I was up reasonably early though as I had to take Tom into Salisbury for an eye test at the opticians.  Fortunately for him, he does not need spectacles although his eyes are rather slow at re-focussing from close work which might be the reason for his headaches.  A very low powered pair of reading glasses might help but he has been advised to try and do without but lessen his periods of time at the computer - music to his parents' ears!   Tom and I did a bit of shopping before returning home.  I spent the rest of the morning tidying up the front of the house and storing items back in the garage.  Peter and Ian are coming over from Brighton tomorrow to fix the door back on - it will have to be hinged but at least it will be secure. Tom had his friend Doug over this afternoon and they spent most of the time on Tom's electronic games and laptop.  I had intended to attend the Cathedral Bible Society Evensong this evening but time seemed to rush by and I decided to spend the afternoon doing some gardening - particularly mowing the two inside lawns.  The front of the house looks much better now although we still need to get rid of the skip.

No comments:

Post a Comment