Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Romeo and Juliet

I woke up at 6.00 a.m. this morning after having only slept for a bout three hours last night.  I woke in the middle of the night and watched an episode of Most Haunted which I know is awful TV but it is also so awful as to be compulsive - like Crossroads used to be!  As it was light and a clear dry morning I decided to cycle to West Tytherley and back (about six miles) via Dean Road coming back into the village via the Tytherley Road passed Normans Court.  It was a lovely experience.  There was a fresh breeze and I was lightly dressed in tee shirt and shorts.  It was lovely to see all the wild life with rabbits sitting on the road in front of me as well as a sparrow hawk sitting on a telegraph pole.  Having returned home an hour later I made tea for Sara and myself and cooked myself a breakfast of grilled bacon, eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms - no bread.  Sara was working at Morning star this morning and I stayed in to take delivery of a replacement piece of Tom's bed (they had originally delivered one side with the wrong bracket).  More hammering and drilling came from the utility room today.  I once more had quite a few letters, emails and other documents to look at.  There was no Morning Prayer today as the clergy are attending an all day conference near Blandford but I have been asked to join Nils for Morning Prayer at All Saints on a regular basis with other members of the Team Staff.  This afternoon I went into Salisbury to have my hair cut (I still only pay children's rates which are marginally more than OAPs!) and then drove out to Codford near Warminster to return the bone china tea cups and saucers used for Sara's Calendar Vintage Tea Party.  Tonight Sara and I went to a peformance at Mary's school of Romeo & Juliet - The Musical by Years 5 and 6.  Mary, who is currently in Year 5 sang in the chorus.  An excellent production which lasted about an hour with some really great talent and confidence displayed amongst these 10 and 11 year olds.  Feeling really tired tonight following the early morning bike ride,  quite a bit of walking around Salisbury and only three hours sleep last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment