Sunday, July 10, 2011

A visit to Alderbury

I decided to go to the Healing Eucharist service at Alderbury today rather than the Family Eucharist with Baptism at All Saints where Sara and Mary attended.  This gave me an opportunity to see an Anglican healing service and to meet the Alderbury congregation to whom I will soon be taking services and preaching.  Jane took the service in this lovely church - it reminds me a bit of Christ Church in Liverpool as it was built in the mid 1800s and is quite large and spacious with a tall spire.  They have also removed some of the pews at the front which increases the feeling of spaciousness.  It was a nice service with a good cross-section of people in the congregation but certainly not as full as Winterslow's churches.  As I was close to Salisbury, afterwards I called in at Tesco's to get some essential food items before returning to Winterslow.  This afternoon I mowed the bank again and cooked supper - Mexican tacos.  Tonight, Tom and I joined Richard in the pub quiz.  James was unable to join us as he had gone sailing so we were down to only three players without James's planet-sized brain.  However, we managed to come second - beaten by Klynn, Hamish, Susan and a friend of theirs from Kent.  I thought we did very well considering and Tom contributed well being able to give us the answer to a number of questions which we "oldies" would never have been able to get! 

No comments:

Post a Comment