Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ice Cold in Alex

First day of the school holidays with both children off.   Sara went into Salisbury this morning to meet with Alex to discuss the design work for the Calendar.  After dealing with some Complex work, Mary and I drove to Amesbury to take some bags of garden waste (mainly the cut up branches of the tree at the front) to the recycling centre and then on to Andover for some shopping and banking.  We enjoyed a frappe together in Caffe Nero and I was able to bank some more more for the Calendar Fund.  Whilst we were out, Tom's new wardrobe and bedside furniture arrived and Sara had already installed this in his room by the time we returned.  I must confess to having a short nap this afternoon as my long day yesterday has caught up on me.  Tonight, James brought around a DVD of Ice Cold in Alex as the first of our season of House Group films.  It is a long time since I've seen it.  A great film telling the story of how an enemy becomes a friend through helping in several crises.  At the end of the film we each had a glass of ice-cold Carlsberg which tasted especially refreshing.  Early night tonight (before midnight) as I have a teleconference at 9 a.m. in the morning and then I'm off to catch a train to Reading to have lunch with my barrister friend in nearby Henley.

No comments:

Post a Comment