Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hog Roast at Morning Star

Tom was up and away early this morning to complete his paper round.  Sara drove him to the shop and then up to his first house.  I took Mary and her friend Harriet to Landford to take part in a cheer leading contest and then returned home for a breakfast of a bacon butty.  Sara went off this morning to Andover to deliver some Vie at Home products and I completed some Complex work following my visit up to Leatherhead yesterday.  This afternoon was spent carving a free range pig at Morning Star's special afternoon for supporters of the charity.  Their new IT building was opened by the Archdeacon and there were over 100 guests present.  I carved and Dave served the 100 people with roast pork and crackling.  Dave had provided me with a chef's uniform and I enjoyed the experience, having been trained how to cut up a whole pig last year. A great opportunity to see and talk to everyone. Unlike last year, the pig barely provided enough meat for everyone but nobody seemed to go without - so well done everybody.  I had a chance to have a chat with quite a lot of people including the Archdeacon afterwards who was very good chatting with Mary - encouraging her in her wish to become a vet.  A really successful afternoon.  When I got back home I trimmed the tree and bushes at the front of the house feeling that I needed some exercise after that pork and crackling - I only had one bun actually.  Enjoyed a nice relaxing bath this evening.  Tomorrow we shall attend Linda's last praise service before she moves on to one of the city's churches to commence her ministry training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment