Monday, July 11, 2011

A day in Southampton

Sara and I spent a good part of today in Southampton.  We had agreed, a day or two ago, that we should try and spend a bit of time together from time to time as we are now both leading such busy lives.  The Calendar Girls Tea Party raised a staggering £926.76 and I spent breakfast time counting and bagging up this amount to bank. We drove into Southampton and parked at West Quay.  Sara went shopping in Marks & Specer's and I went into the High Street to bank the Tea Party takings.  We met up again in West Quay and found that we had both been to the Sports Direct shop - Sara to buy some sports clothes for Tom and me to buy a new pair of black trainers - my current ones are getting rather worn.  We had coffee together in Costa Coffee before driving to St. Mary's Stadium where I bought tickets for Tom and I to attend the friendly game against West Bromwich Albion in a couple of week's time.  Having stopped off for fuel at Chilworth, we just got back to Winterslow in time to pick up Mary from school.  Mary and I went for a bike ride in Bentley Wood before I had to go back to her school for a meeting about the transitional arrangements from Year 6 (Primary School) to Year 7 (Secondary School).  In all probability Mary will go to St. Edmund's Girls School in Salisbury but I brought home a couple of 11+ papers for her to do this evening which she managed, with a little help from us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment