Thursday, July 07, 2011

A frustrating day - no electricity!

A rather frustrating day today.  Duncan arrived to put in a new fuse box and continue with the electricity installations for the extension which necessitated the turning off of our electricity supply for most of the day.  Sara went over to Livery Road to help organise things for her Calendar tea party on Saturday - a marquee was arriving and being erected - and I read some of the papers which had arrived for a new case.  Unfortunately I had forgotten that with the turning off of the electricity, the phones, Internet server and mobile sure signal box would all stop functioning.  I therefore went into Salisbury and used the wi-fi facility at MacDonald's to access my emails and attachments using my netbook as well as make some phone calls.  I also called in at Staples on the way home to pick up some paper for the printer and some plastic wallets for the new cases I have.  I also had lunch (a jacket potato) in Tesco's.  This evening we had a small group for the House Group - five of us.  We continued with our study of Malachi and discussed the meaning of the term "Kingdom of God".  Although heavy rain was predicted today, it remained fairly dry throughout.  I have also received details of my tutorials for the LLM course.  Starting in September I will be attending lectures/tutorials at the Diocesan Learning Centre on Devizes Road every Monday evening.  These sessions will last two hours similar to the LWL course sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment