Sunday, July 17, 2011

A busy Sunday

Yet more rain this morning, quite heavy again at times.  Tom did his Sunday morning paper round and Sara, Mary and I went to Parish Eucharist at All Saints.  I was intercessing and Sara leading the Junior Church today.  We were informed that yesterday's wet Fete cleared around £1,200 in total fundraising, which is not bad for such a miserable day.  This afternoon Tom and I were supposed to be attending the Clarendon Junior Football Club awards ceremony and fun day up at Barry's Field but when we arrived we found that it was not the main event (this had occurred a week or so ago) and that the fun day had been cancelled.  There was a Dads v. CJFC Under 14s game in progress which I had been invited to play it but thought better of it - many of the Dads are quite competitive and fitter, besides which I do not possess a pair of football boots.   Tom is not keen to remain a member of the team although he does like playing football.  I think he needs to make some decisions over the Summer break.  I spent this afternoon tidying up the family room and moving some of Tom's possessions from there into his new bedroom.  I then moved some of the boxes off the landing into the family room so that I can go through them and throw out any unwanted items.  I will repeat the process until my study is cleared of all junk ready to be used for proper studying.  This evening I went to BCP Evensong at Farley where Gill presided, Nils gave the absolution and an LLM from Stonehenge Deanery gave the sermon - the topic being the Wisdom of Solomon.  Tonight I spent a few hours with Richard in the Lion's Head discussing world affairs and our futures now that things seem to be a little clearer with Linda's future career.

No comments:

Post a Comment