Saturday, July 16, 2011

A watery fete

The rain continued again today and it was clear that any outdoor activities at the Parish Fete were destined to either not take place or would have to move indoors.  I was due to help Richard erect the gazebos but when I did not receive a phone call from him I went over to the Village Hall were it was confirmed that they wouldn't be used.  Sara went into town this morning for some essential shopping and to pick up and bank some further Calendar Girls cheques - well over £3,000 now in the account.  I went over to the Fete at a little after 2 p.m. The hall was heaving with people but this soon lessened as people looked amongst the stalls and drifted off.  Ironically, I won the jar of sweets which I had bought for the "How Many Sweets in a Jar" competition and, honestly, I didn't count them!  Sara had a stall doing manicures but didn't raise much money.  Most of the money from the Fete actually comes from the Prize Draw.    It will be interesting to see how much is raised.  This evening I wrote up my Night Sky article for the Parish Magazine and also wrote my Intercessions for tomorrow.   I have arranged to see Nils on Tuesday to discuss the programme for my training which begins on the 3rd September.  Still quieter a few things to agree upon including a written training contract.  I am hoping for rain tomorrow so that I won't have to take part in the Parents v. Players football match at the Clarendon Juniors FC Awards day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment