Friday, July 08, 2011

Morning Coffee at Alderbury again

It was raining and blowing early this morning and the marquee at Livery Road was blown over and damaged.  Duncan returned to continue fitting and testing the electrics - necessitating further power cuts - and Sara went to Whiteparish (over the hill) for morning coffee with a friend.  I went to have morning coffee at the Boundary Cafe in Alderbury stopping off at Livery Road to help remove some of the canvas from the damaged marquee.  Once in Alderbury I met up with some of the clergy including the new curate.  I also had a lovely chat with one of the parishioners at Alderbury.  They all seem to be a really nice crowd. Their coffee shop is doing extremely well and they were very busy indeed - much busier than Truffles in Winterslow.   However it is only once a week and has become an important focal point for villagers.  I picked up a cheque for four members of Alderbury Church to join my group going to the Seriously Funny event in Southampton in November. I received a phone call from the school to say that Tom was in the sick room again but told the school that nobody could pick him up until around 2 p.m - Sara would be working in the Lord Nelson and I had errands to run in Salisbury - banking and dropping off some papers at the Diocesan Office.  Returning from Salisbury I popped in briefly to see Sara at the Lord Nelson before going to pick up Tom.  I had a chat with the school administrator whilst there and explained that it is not easy for Sara and I simply to drop everything and drive to Stockbridge if Tom is ill - we both work - in my case I almost seem to be working full time again.  Tonight Sara was out at one of her Vie at Home parties - this time in Broughton.  Mary went to Youth Zone but Tom, still feeling ill, stayed at home.  I watched some T20 cricket on the TV - Kent v. Sussex with a win for Sussex.  Hampshire lost tonight against Middlesex but still remain at the top of their group - albeit only by 2 points (but they do  have a game in hand).  I hope to get to the return game at the Rose Bowl next Friday night.  I really do enjoy watching live cricket - especially the excitement of T20.  Sara still does not understand how cricket can ever be exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment