Thursday, March 01, 2012

St. David's Day - A Day of Education

St. David's Day.  Tom set off for school today and sat a science exam this morning from 9 a.m. until 10 a.m.  It counts for 25% of his science GCSE paper.  I wish we could have done it this way.  When I sat my GCE exams we sat them all together - three hour papers each - over a couple of weeks.  Now the exams are part formal written exam and part assessment.  After cooking Mary pancakes, I walked her to school today in a very thick mist stopping off at the shop for a morning newspaper.  Sara went off to the gym today for an exercise class whilst I read the paper and did some essential work in the study.  This afternoon I drove out to Great Wishford for a meeting of my mentoring group.  There were only three of us and we spent the hour and a half discussing our portfolios and our current church training.  I established today that I have enough points for three free nights at a five-star hotel in Krakow and also enough credit card points to convert for free air travel to Istanbul in the Autumn.  I need to book the hotel and flights for our trip to Poland as soon as possible - flying out from Bristol.  I will need to pay for the flight as I can't use the air miles on any direct flights to Krakow. It therefore looks like we shall be going to Poland in the summer and tom will get his wish to see Auschwitz. Tonight the House/Lent Group watched The King's Speech.  Three of our number had not seen it before. It was good to see it again and over the next five weeks we shall unpack it further looking into what lessons it teaches us during our Lenten journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment