Monday, June 14, 2010

Adam here from Thailand

Awoken very early this morning by my alarm clock - 4.30 a.m. and after a quick shower and tea was on the road at about 5.20 a.m. to pick up Sara's brother from Heathrow Airport. His plane was due to arrive at 7.15 a.m. and the Internet advised me that it was expected at 7.22 a.m. The traffic was reasonably kind to me and it seemed strange driving up the M3 after so many months of not doing so. The traffic did get quite busy around the M25 Junction and I remembered that Terminal 3 is on the northern side of the airport (recently we've used Terminals 4 and 5 on the southern side). I placed the car in the Short Stay Car Park (£4 per hour charge!) and then went into a very busy Arrivals area. Adam's flight from Bangkok now seemed to be expected at 7,33 a.m. and I went for a coffee and a bacon roll in one of the breakfast bars. Adam came through at about 8.10 a.m. and we went back to the bar for another coffee before we sent off for Wiltshire (after I had paid to get the car out of the car park). I returned to Winterslow via the M4 and Newbury and after stopping for fuel and a newspaper was back home at 10.30 a.m. Adam helped me trim the rear hedge - a massive job which took us both nearlky three hours to do about 10 yards of hedge. Still, it looks much better and we have a more open view to the field behind. I wtached the Japan (1) v. Cameroon (0) match this afternoon after a nice relaxing bath and dozed off. We all sat round for an excellent family roast chicken dinner tonight. Adam went to bed at 7.30 p.m. and Sara and I watched the Italy (1) v. Paraguay (1) match. An early night myself tonight as we need to take Adam to Southampton tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment