Monday, June 21, 2010

More gardening in the heat

Today I decided to get down to some hard graft and deal with a number of niggling tasks - like finishing cutting the front hedge, write my night sky article for the parish magazine and, hopefully make a proper start on tidying the study. After a breakfast of a sausage muffin and tea I got down to the job of giving our front hedge a severe "crew-cut". This took rather longer than I reckoned (but I was pleased with the result) and I didn't finish it until 1.00 p.m. Even then, I still need to trim the top but by this time it was getting unbearably hot. I mowed the bank and the two inner lawns - another hour - then had a nice soothing bath. I watched a little of the Chile (1) v. Switzerland (0) game and was sorry that Switzerland couldn't quite hold out for a 0-0 draw. Poor North Korea got hammered 7-0 by Portugal. I wouldn't want to be a player or the coach on a return to North Korea. This evening Sara went to a Vie meeting at St. Leonard's (near Bournemouth) which also included a barbecue. I served the children meatballs and spaghetti and Mary went over to the Village Hall for her drama group evening. Spain beat Honduras 2-0 tonight but I didn't see any of the match as I had two telephone calls and wrote and sent the night sky article to Sara and others on the electronic mailing list. It has been such a not day today and a busy one. Unfortunately, the study get its makeover started but hopefully, tomorrow, as I intend to tidy up a lot of paperwork which should start the ball rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment