Friday, June 11, 2010

Yippee! - the World Cup has Begun in South Africa

I woke at 7.28 a.m. after asked me what the time was. Tom was still in bed asleep too so I woke him and hurriedly made him a breakfast muffin of German sausages and bacon so he could hurry off to school. I spent some time this morning strengthening the curtain pole in the family room which had suffered from being tugged by one of Tom's friends on a visit. This necessitated removing the curtains and pole and fixing larger and stronger rawlplugs before screwing the fixings again. I then had a shower just in time for Richard to arrive for our weekly game of golf at Wilton. I played much better than last week but neither of us have yet reached playing nine holes without scoring more than 4. No pars today (although not far off with some silly mis-putts spoiling it) but a reasonable game none the less. We had lunch at the Hampton Park pub - fish and chips with mushy peas and a pint of beer. This afternoon I watched the first of the World Cup matches - South Africa v. Mexico which ended with a 1-1 draw. I mowed the front lawn and bank this evening before showering and watching the Uruguay v. France match - another draw, 0-0. Tonight, therefore, South Africa remain top of Group A. I also watched an interesting documentary on the Nazi Judge Roland Friesler before sitting down to write the this. An exciting day tomorrow with the England v. USA game in the World Cup. Feeling really tired and must get an early night as I also have a lot of jobs to do around the house tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment