Saturday, June 26, 2010

A new car

Today seemed to be even hotter than yesterday. I made pancakes for Mary for breakfast before Sara, she and Tom went into Salisbury for Mary's ballet lesson. After writing some letters and emails and attending to some Complex business I drove to Mercedes-Benz of Salisbury to look at an A-Class car which had come into their used car section - an eleven-month year old Advantgarde A160 with 11,000 miles on the clock. After testing driving it and discussing costs etc. I decided to trade in my three-year old C-Class Mercedes and in so doing get a top of the range A-Class with lots of gizmos, no MOT worries, a two-year warranty, and much lower road tax and service bills. The car is as roomy as the C-Class, although not quite such a comfortable ride, and having five doors this means I can get two sets of golf clubs and bag in the car easily. It is more versatile and economical but retains Mercedes high quality and safety. I will need to return next Tuesday to complete all the paperwork and as I will be transferring my cherished number plate I will not be able to pick it up for about ten days. After a brief trip to Tesco's to get bread and soup, I returned home just in time to go with Sara and Mary to the Winterslow School Fete where I spent an hour wandering around and chatting to people. It was incredibly hot which I didn't enjoy much. It was good to see David M and have a long chat with him in the tea tent. I returned home to watch the Uruguay (2) v South Korea (1) match which saw South Korea knocked out and Uruguay facing either the USA or Ghana in the Quarter Finals. As it happened it will be Ghana who beat USA (2-1) after extra time. It is wonderful to see an African nation in the Quarter Finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment