Thursday, June 24, 2010

Business in Salisbury

Up early again - another hot day in the making. Sara spent most of the day in Southampton attending a recruitment and business growth course for her Vie at Home business. I dealt with some paperwork this morning and made a few phone calls including one to a former colleague of ours at Friends Provident who has also taken early retirement. Today Friends Provident merged with Axa Life to form a new branded subsidiary of the the Resolution Group - Friends Life. It remains to be seen what effect this will have on staff and the share price. I drove into Salisbury later in the morning and parked at Salt Lane. I visited the bank, post office and Sarum College to get some material for the House Group. We will be studying Revelation Chapters 4-22 from next Thursday. I also picked up a prospectus for courses being run from summer 2010 to Summer 2011 as I feel I need to extend my theological knowledge. I had a small latte in Cafe Nero and read my daily devotions before returning home after popping into Mercedes to inform them that I was thinking of buying an A-Class and not a B-Class which they kept phoning me about. I got back to Winterslow in good time to walk to school and pick Mary up. This afternoon Italy, the World Cup Champions, were knocked out of the tournament by Slovakia in a thrilling 3-2 match. Unfortunately I didn't see it as I was busy, this afternoon, writing up a reference for my old colleague Nasir, who is applying to become a solicitor. Sara returned home about 5.30 p.m. this evening - in time to deal with the children's tea. Tonight we had the last of the four Jeff Lucas talks at St. John's. Just our House Group attendees and Cynthia here tonight. A cracking talk, again, from Jeff. Such a talented speaker. James, Richard and I discussed tonight's meeting in the Lion's Head afterwards as well as a number of other theological and worldly issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment