Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Sauna of a Day

Today the temperature has dropped a little but with rain overnight the effect has been similar to that of the sauna at the gym. It is hotter and stickier today and heavy clouds have rolled in. My head feels "muggy" and I feel generally tired and lethargic (what's new? - I can hear your thought as you read this!). Sara and I went into Salisbury today to deal with the paperwork for my new car, to get her a new alarm clock and to pick up a third rail for our wardrobe in the family room to make access to its contents easier. Sara went off to have lunch with Carole C and a couple of other ladies in the village and I dealt with some Complex work (checking a couple of compromise agreements) as well as writing up my blog for yesterday and dealing with some emails. Tonight I attended the second meeting of the Winterslow Business Forum where Jackie Neylon was speaking about free publicity and marketing. I had heard her talk before at Ambassadors' but it was good to refresh the points in my mind. I think Complex is quite ahead of many businesses in using social media networking. It's early days to see if it will have any lasting effect. Personal recommendation seems to be the best way forward. I picked up the study guides from Sarum College today and will be preparing for the House Group tomorrow. There is a programme on Revelation tonight which I am going to watch after I have written this. Still feeling rather tired and so will close now.

No comments:

Post a Comment