Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Day of Football and Housework

I woke reasonably early this morning and made tea for Sara and me. I also read my daily devotions before getting up properly. After cooking breakfast muffins for Tom and me (Mary cooked her own waffles), Sara, Tom and Mary went into Salisbury for Mary's ballet lessons and to get Tom's hair cut. I stayed at home and tidied up the house, cleaning and dusting the lounge and spare room and then going outside to do some gardening (mowing and weeding). I did spend 20 minutes over at the Village Hall to look at the fortnightly bookstall. I bought a biography of King George V and boxed set of VHS videos on a century of ships - mainly naval vessels. We watched three football matches today from the World Cup - South Korea (2) v Greece (0); Argentina (1) v Nigeria (0) and most disappointing of all England (1) v. USA (1). Just before the England match Sara's Dad and Andrea phoned from the USA and I told them that England were going to thrash the Americans (actually, I told Richard yesterday that I predicted a 1-1 draw and should have had an unpatriotic bet on it). I seem to do well at predicting individual soccer scores (but never win the Pools!). Sara spent a little time at the Methodist's fete at Robin Hill Farm and Mary and her friends had a tractor ride. Tom stayed with me to watch the football. I barbecued some German sausages this evening which we are whilst watching the disappointing England game.

No comments:

Post a Comment