Thursday, June 10, 2010

Some DIY - Uuugh!

I was up early today as Sara went off at the crack of dawn (6.30 a.m. actually) for a Business Referrals breakfast at the White Hart to promote Complex Services. I cooked a breakfast roll for Tom (hash browns and bacon in a freshly baked baguette) before he dashed for school. Mary wouldn't eat any breakfast today so she ended up going to school hungry but, at least, with her lunch box with her. Sara returned home mid-morning quite satisfied with her first visit to the Business Referrals Group as it seems Complex can offer a service which is not covered already by any other the members. I went into Andover later this morning to undertake some banking. Parking in Andover is cheaper than Salisbury and all the banks and post office are all quite close together and within easy walking distance from Lidl's car park. I did some light shopping at Lidl's (as do many retirees it seems) including buying some German bratwurst which Tom and I like. I also popped into Homebase to buy some rawlplugs and also a new large toolbox as my current one is falling to bits. This new one has a handle and wheels so I can keep all my tools in it together. Back home I engaged in the one thing I hate above all things - DIY. At Sara's request, I fitted a batten over the cloakroom window for her to fix up a Roman blind, a rack of coat pegs and a shelf/coat hangers on the wall - the latter requiring precision batten fixing, strength and sweat. I am pleased to say all were concluded successfully (none of them have fallen off the wall yet!) although not without the use of some rather un-Christian verbiage! Tonight I attended the second of the Jeff Lucas DVD talks at St. John's. It was attended by fourteen people including two from Whiteparish. I delivered the reading (from Exodus this time) as I did last week. Richard, Klynn and I ended the evening having a couple of pints in the Lion's Head.

No comments:

Post a Comment