Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hedges and Blinds

An unusual Sunday for us today as none of us went to church today. I woke at 7.30 a.m. and made tea for Sara and me and also cooked Bratwurst sausages for breakfast for Tom and me. Looking out of the study window I noticed how ragged the hedges had become at the entrance to the drive and so set about clipping them with my electric hedge trimmer and was pleased with the result - a nice clean edge and a much widened entrance. I have vowed, over the next week, to clip the rest of the conifer hedges and make them look smart. Sara and Mary went for the first of Mary's private dance lessons for her examination and I went to Amesbury to take the conifer clippings and some other rubbish to the amenity tip. Whilst in Amesbury I also visited Lidl's and bought some groceries including some Melton Mowbray pork pies for Adam. This afternoon I went with Mary, Tom and Mary's friend Izzy to the Food for Thought meeting and barbecue on the Rec. We had about 45 attending to play football and tag rugby. The weather was hot but with threatening storm clouds which later produced some heavy rain later in the evening. Back home, I helped Sara sort out the dining table which had collapsed whilst she was extending it. One of the legs is weak and I made some temporary repairs in the form of inserting a large screw into the leg. Sara then wanted the blind putting up in the bathroom which took some time as we needed to cut the roller and fabric to size and then insert into the existing roller blind fittings. It took a couple of attempts to cut the pole to exactly the right size but the final result was great. It looks so much better in the bathroom - the blind really completes the furnishings. After this was completed I went to the Lion's Head for a drink with Richard and Chris (who is home from Diego Garcia). Must get to bed early tonight as I need to be at London Heathrow tomorrow morning at 7.15 a.m. to pick up brother-in-law Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment