Tuesday, June 22, 2010

South Africa knocked out of World Cup

Started the morning waking early and making Sara and myself a cup of tea. I spent the morning doing work for Complex Services Limited including drafting a couple of clauses for Karen's florists in Penzance who want to take on a casual member of staff. Sara had a visit from another Karen who discussed with her possibilities of reducing our utility bills. This Karen is a nutritionist by profession and is one of Sara's friends at Ladies who Latte. Sara also did some work today for Complex by drafting a recruitment guide for our new IT company client. I walked up to the post office at lunchtime to post off some of the work I had done this morning and when I returned prepared a light lunch of cold meat salad with hot new potatoes. I watched the France (1) v South Africa (2) game which was very entertaining and although South Africa won, a goal by Uruguay against Mexico in the other Group A game meant that South Africa and France have both been eliminated. Quite sad to see the host nation knocked out in the First Round - first time this has ever happened. Tonight I watched the Greece v. Argentina game which ended in a 2-0 victory for Argentina who will meet Mexico in the next round. A 2-2 draw between Nigeria and South Korea assured the Korean's a place in the final sixteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment