Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers' Day

Was woken up by Sara this morning with a cup of tea in a new "Dad's" mug which disturbed a strange dream I was having about chasing a mouse around All Saints Church. Weird! Mary joined us whilst I opened my Fathers' Day presents - a coaster withe the words "If you had kids like mine- you'd be grumpy too!", some Paco Rabanne aftershave (my absolute favourite) and a boxed set of three War DVDs - Dambusters, The Cruel Sea and The Colditz Story. The Cruel Sea is perhaps my favourite wartime film. We all went to All Saints this morning for the Family Eucharist which also involved a baptism. Afterwards, Sara and Mary went into Salisbury for Mary's ballet coaching and Tom and I walked back home - Tom ahead of me as I stayed back for some coffee and biscuits. This lunchtime, we all met up again at ASK, the Italian chain restaurant near the library in the centre of the city. We had a lovely leisurely lunch which everyone enjoyed. I had the most wonderful calamari - the best I can ever remember having, followed by prawn salad with a piquant lemon sauce followed by banoffee pie and a cappuccino. This afternoon we watched some more football and Sara baked delicious scones. Tonight I went down to the Lion's Head for a couple of pints with Richard where I handed him our completed Spring Harvest papers. Back home I watched some of the US Open Golf tournament from Pebble Beach - a nice change from the football.

No comments:

Post a Comment