Saturday, March 10, 2012

College in the morning; Great win for Saints in the afternoon

Back to Sarum College this morning for my final tutorial on Interpreting the Bible in which I, and two fellow students, had to give our presentations as part of our ministry training.  There was a presentation on art work from soiphie, one on Bruce Springsteen songs from Judy and I gave my PowerPoint presentation on the them of "Hope" running through the bible.  All three presentatinos seemed to work well and now I will await my mark as the presentation will count as my second assignment for my portfolio.  Once the portfolio is put together and sent off to Oxfrod Brookes University I will be 25% of the way towards my licensing as a Lay Minister.  The tutorial ended at 1 p.m. and the students went for lunch.  I did not join them as Sara came round to the college and dropped Tom off so that we could drive to Southampton for this afternoon's game against Barnsley.  The traffic was kind to us and we arrived at our private car parking space off The Avenue at 2.15 p.m.  A fifteen minutes walk to the ground saw us in our seats with a good twenty minutes before kick-off.  When I had first found that I had to attend college on this Saturday I had assumed that I would miss this game.  i am so glad that I didn't as Saints won 2-0 thanks to two great goals from adam Lallana and as an icing on the cake, West Ham could only manage a 1-1 draw at home to Doncaster.  Tonight Saints remain top of the table, three points clea rof West Ham and Reading.  Even if these two other clubs maange to win their games in habd over Saints, Southmapton will still remain at the top of the table.  It is looking really good.  Tonight Sara went round with Sophie to Linda M's conservatory party for the Calendar girls and I don't expect her back until quite late.

No comments:

Post a Comment