Thursday, March 08, 2012

Finding a Voice

A dry cold morning and so I cycled round to East Winterslow and back before breakfast (a quick 3 miles) for some early morning exercise.  Both Sara and I were at home all day today and I worked on my presentation for college on Saturday - but not getting as far along with it as I had hoped.  I have decided to spend all day on Friday in the college library bashing out something to deliver.  I did, however copy out the service for Whaddon and listen to the hymn tune CD to ensure that the music will coincide with the number of verses - there is no organist at Whaddon.  Mary and I went for a short bike ride this evening up to the entrace of Bentley Wood and back.  we didn't venture into the wood as it was getting dark and neither of us have lights on our bikes - something we probably need to get.   There is talk tonight of the northern Lights being visible in England due to a massive solar outburst which is due to reach us today.  Unfortunately, the sky has been overcast this evening and so nothing is on view as I write up this blog.  We had a very good House Group tonight - Session 1 of The King's Speech - Finding a Voice Lent Study.  It threw up some very interesting discussions especially around the topic of social fears.  Good contributions from all members.  The talk was probably encouraged by the lovely warm log fire - with wood collected from Brown's Copse earlier today.

No comments:

Post a Comment