Tuesday, March 20, 2012

From Hell, Hull and Flatpacks.....!

Today could be described as my idea of hell!  A morning spent shopping with Sara in Asda's in Andover and an afternoon constructing a flat-pack desk for Sara's study.  Not that I mind doing things for Sara but both activities - supermarket shopping and constructing furniture from flat packs with completely inexplicable diagrams (yes I did have six pieces of dowling and about a dozen screws over) - would be what I think I could imagine an eternity in hell being like!  The desk took about 5 and a half hours to complete together with cramp, a damaged finger, several cold cups of tea and a painful back.  However, I was surprising pleased with the result and all the bits and pieces did fit together well - still not sure about where the extra screws are supposed to go!  Once I had finished the desk I took myself off for a three-mile bike ride to get some fresh air - stopping off in Pincroft Lane to admire the view across Salisbury Plain - a fine sight.  A hasty stir fry followed for supper and then a nice soothing bath before listening to the Hull v. Southampton game on the radio.  a brilliant result again - 0-2 to Saints with West ham only managing another 1-1 draw against Middlesbrough and Reading losing 3-1 at Peterborough.  Tonight Saints are five points clear of Reading at the top and seven points clear of West Ham.  Promotion is theirs to lose now.  I shall be extremely surprised if Saints fail to make the Premier League this time.  Sara watched the first part of Schindler's List again this evening as she fell asleep for most of it last night.  I'll join her in bed shortly to watch the second half.

No comments:

Post a Comment