Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Derren Brown in Southampton

Woke up on the floor of Peter's lounge - on a mattress I hasten to add - I am still not drinking alcohol!  After dropping his mother-in-law off at the hairdressers, we walked to "Wheelies" for our now traditional Tuesday morning fried breakfast - once that has been consumed no further meals are required for the rest of the day.  I set off back for Wiltshire at around 11 a.m. taking the coast road all the way this time.  The car radio announced that there was a two-mile queue through the Arundel roadworks again so I was pleased that I had had the foresight to take this route.  I arrived home at around 1 p.m.  This evening Tom and I went into Southampton to a performance of magic and illusion from Derren Brown at The Mayflower.  An absolutely intriguing show - a master of both illusion and entertainment.  The theatre was absolutely packed (2,499 people according to Derren) and we were squashed up in the "gods".  The performance started at 7.30 p.m. and with just a 20 minutes break ended at 10.30 p.m.  We were sworn to secrecy about the contents of his show - so I will not say any more.  however, if you get the chance to see him on tour do try and grasp the opportunity.  you will have a thoroughly enjoyable and mind bending night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment