Sunday, March 18, 2012

Mothering Sunday


I attended Early morning Eucharist today at St. John's.  I was not "on duty" today and so could pick and chose what service, if any, to go to.  This morning's service was well attended and officiated by the Salisbury Cathedral's Precentor Emiritus, Jeremy Davies, who has recently retired and is now working with us in the Clarendon Team.  Unfortunately, nobody had told Jeremy that there were two Anglican churches in Winterslow and he had gone to All Saints.  We therefore started rather late and I didn't get home until 9 a.m.  Sara attended All Saints on her own this morning.  I stayed at home and washed the car, did the washing up from last night and cooked myself some breakfast.  I also cooked lunch for us all (beef casserole).  In the late afternoon I went for a short cycle ride to Buckholt and back - a 6-miles ride which tested my bike (and my fitness) up Gunville Hill - the first time I've cycled all the way up the hill without having to get off.  It certainly got my blood flowing though!  Working in the study again tonight - two articles for the Parish Magazine and writing up my blog.  Think I'll get up early tomorrow and catch up on some of my other paperwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment