Monday, March 19, 2012

Provincial Grand Chapter in Worthing

Today seemed to go by so incredibly quickly. Was woken quite early this morning - 6 a.m. with the sunlight streaming in.  Although it turned out to be a bright sunny day it was still cold.  Sara tried to make her new study desk this morning but got totally confused with the appalling flat-pack instructions.  Unfortunately I was unable to help her as I has to spend the morning on Complex work before driving over this afternoon to attend the Annual Provincial Grand Chapter meeting at the Charmandean Centre in Worthing.  I stopped by and had a Lent lunch at the Methodist Hall with Sara before going on to Worthing.  Again the traffic around Arundel was reported as being bad so I took the coast road - arriving at the meeting just five  minutes before it started and grabbing one of the last seats.  The meeting went on a little longer than usual because there was a presentation made at the end by the Royal College of Surgeons with surgeons telling us about some new research developments to combat intrusive surgery for cancer patients.  Fascinating stuff.  At the end a cheque for £5,000 was presented to the surgeons.  Amazing when I think that this £5,000 has come from over 2,000 Royal Arch Masons over a year and Sara and her girls have raised £17,000 in just six months!  The Royal Arch money will be used to help young surgeons be funded for further research.  I met with a few of my Chapter members to discuss arrangements for my friend Lee's exaltation in May.  I didn't stay for the £25 supper but had a kebab on the way home at Bognor Regis - feeling really hungry.  I learned on my way home that Mary went AWOL tonight - not wanting to go to school with Sara for a parent's evening.   Arrived home at around 8.30 p.m.  Feeling quite tired after a long day of working and driving to and from Worthing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment