Saturday, March 03, 2012

Super Super Kel!


Tom  was up early this morning for his paper round.  I had to miss going to Men's Breakfast this morning as I had to take him to Appleshaw near Andover for his team's football match against Lee Filters.  They are a tough team who beat Clarendon 1-8 when they played Tom's team at home.  Many of the Dads were out for revenge today.  It was a hard slog of a match and Clarendon were 0-2 up at half time but a quick goal in the second half brought it to 1-2.  Clarendon scored again to make it 1-3 but couldn't hold on to the lead.  With ten minutes to go the score became 2-3 and finally, with just a few minutes left 3-3. That is how it ended.  I think they did well to come away with a point from these guys. Back home Tom had a shower and made himself a lunch of chicken goujons. I had a steak and kidney pie and watched an episode of Storm Chasers.  I popped in the see Richard to see if his projector would work with my laptop.  Fortunately it does which means I'm all set up for the various presentations I shall be doing over the next few weeks. This evening Tom and I watched delightedly as Southampton pulled off a narrow win over Leeds United at Elland Road - they've done the double over them this season. Their win was as a result of a single strike by Ricky Lambert and some absolutely fantastic goalkeeping from Kelvin Davis.  "Super Kel" indeed!  Tonight they are four points clear at the top of the Championship with West Ham having a tough game against Cardiff in the Welsh capital tomorrow.  The pressure is really on them now.  I also spent an hour or so reconstructing my company's cash book from paper records following the loss of information when my old laptop crashed.  I have an immense amount of work to do tomorrow so think I'll have an early night and go to the early morning service tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment