Monday, March 12, 2012

Freemason on the Titanic at Brighton - more speaking

A long and busy day today with quite a bit of travel.  I got up early this morning and drove over to Warminster to get two Masonic bibles to give to the two brethren in my Brighton Lodge, where I am the Worshipful Master, who have been raised to the sublime degree of a Master Mason during my year.  I was delighted that Warminster Regalia had a couple which I was able to take to Brighton this evening.  After a light lunch I drove over to Hove - a really appalling journey with massive queues at Arundel caused by road works.  The town and by-pass were gridlock ed and so I had to drop down onto the coastal road and drive along to Hove via Littlehampton and Worthing.  I arrived at Peter's at 4.15 p.m., much later than intended.  We drove in my car to Brighton city centre where, after a short formal meeting, I delivered my lecture entitled "Freemasons on the Titanic" to about 50 masons and their wives and guests.  The lecture was received well.  This was followed by a very pleasant dinner of melon, chicken supreme and trifle.  This will be my last festive board dinner in the chair as the next meeting I shall attend will be to hand over the reins to the incoming master.  A most enjoyable meeting with me having a bit of a sore throat from all the speaking I have done this evening - chairing the meeting, delivering a lecture and presiding over the dinner.  Looking forward to a few days without any speaking engagement.

No comments:

Post a Comment