Friday, March 23, 2012

My Longest Cycle Ride since the 1970s!

A wonderfully warm and sunny day today - and I spent most of it inside!  Sara went off early walking with Jane M not returning until just before she had to go off work at the Lord Nelson.  I have been doing mainly Complex work today as well as paying bills etc. and preparing and sending out agendas for the lodge meeting in April which I can't attend.  One great accomplishment, however, was to transfer our Bahamas' timeshare credits for 2012 (we are not going out there this year) into hotel points so that we can stay at Sheraton five Star Hotels elsewhere in the world.  With some of these points I was able, successfully, to book three nights for Tom and me to stay in the Krakow Sheraton in Poland in August when we make our pilgrimage to Auschwitz-Birkenau.  I was also successful in booking cheap flights from Bristol Airport direct to Krakow thereby saving over 50% on the holiday package put together by travel agents.  The only difference is that we will have to pay for our own transport to and from the airport which I know is quite cheap.  We will also have to book the trip out to Auschwitz or Oswiecim which was an additional cost in any event.  We will be staying in a much superior hotel though. Having spent much of the day locked inside the house, Sara this afternoon has been sorting through papers in an attempt to put everything away in her new study, I decided that I needed a long bike ride as I had not done my 3-miles yesterday.  I set off at 5 p.m. and cycled through West Tytherley, East Tytherley to Lockerley Church where I had a good look around and then returned to Winterslow via East Dean and West Dean - a total of over 14 miles.  a great sense of achievement tonight.  This is the longest distance I've cycled since I was a teenager!

No comments:

Post a Comment