Monday, March 26, 2012

Sunset

Another glorious warm day today.  This morning I drove over to Amesbury to take some large cardboard boxes etc. to the recycling centre and then, after a brief shopping expedition at Lidl's, arrived at St. Nicholas Church of England School in Idmiston to deliver a one hour talk to the Year 5 and 6 pupils on Titanic at the beginning of a week's project they are doing on the ship.  I had adopted my talk which I give to adults and this seemed to go down very well.  Today Sara signed up to become a Jamie at Home representative following the problems at Vie at Home which seem to getting worse.  We both had lunch at Sam B's - a soup lunch organised for Christian Aid.  I mowed the lawns again this afternoon and then Mary and I cycled along Pincroft Lane to observe a wonderful sunset - Mary said that this was the first time that she had seen the Sun actually dip below the horizon - see photo above.  I drove into Salisbury after sunset to take all the Sarum lodge books to John H who will be acting as Secretary during my absence in Minehead.  An early night - in bed with a book by 10.30 p.m.  Luxury after a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment