Sunday, March 04, 2012

Is Christianity Boring, Irrelevant and Untrue?

Really strange weather today.  It started very wet with torrential rain this morning as Tom undertook his paper round.  I drove to Early Morning Eucharist at St. John's, usually a walk, in a downpour.  Nils took the service this morning and afterwards asked me if I would be willing to give a homily at this service on a future occasion to which I responded positively.  At lunchtime today we had snow which did settle on the cars and lawn but not on the roads and soon melted.  I had good intentions of working today but instead got all the paperwork together for Wednesday's masonic meeting which I can't attend because Sara and I are going to see the TimVine Show at Andover that evening.  Therefore, I prepared all the paperwork to give to John H who has agreed to act as Secretary in my absence.   I took the papers round to him in Salisbury this evening when I went to CityChurch to hear the amusing Kieran Dunne speak - a good talk/sermon on the topic of "Is Christianity Boring, Irrelevant and Untrue?  Kieran works for the Alpha Course up in Glasgow and had flown down especially to give this talk. Some good laughs and some serious stuff too!    James was going to join me but ended up having a late lunch and so couldn't make it.  I met up with James and Richard later in the Lion's Head where I drank diet coke and lime and soda instead of the usual beer. I do have, though, enough loyalty points now for a free pint of beer at the end of Lent - I'll need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment