Sunday, March 11, 2012

A successful day

A busy but satisfying day today.  woke early and went to the 8 a.m. Early Eucharist at St. John's which was taken by Elizabeth.  Tom and Sara went to the 9.30 a.m. Parish Eucharist at All Saints and I spent the morning in the study finalising this evening's service at Whaddon and completing my sermon.  I spoke briefly to Mum in Grimsby who has now got herself a "lifeline" button thanks to Auntie Ivy who has one and was able to tell Mum where she could get one quite cheaply.  She is reassured that it is working having sent two false alarms which were answered promptly.  I am relieved that she has invested in one of these.  The Evening Prayer service I took at Whaddon seemed to be quite successful.  I led the service and preached on the topic of standing up to our fears with readings from Exodus 5:1-6:1 and Matthew 10:16-22.  I felt quite confident and reassured with Nils in the congregation.  There were only about a dozen people in total and it would have been good to have had some more.  A bit like a house group.  After I had dropped Nils off back at the Rectory I went home, changed and walked to the pub in time for the Monthly Quiz.  Another win for "The Last of the Summer Wine" - this time by 16 points and I returned home with another bottle of red wine - to be consumed after Easter.  Off to Brighton tomorrow to give my talk on Titanic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment