Sunday, March 09, 2014

A Day at St. Francis's

A busy day today at St. Francis's.  I attended the 9.30 a.m. Parish Eucharist, the 11 a.m. Informal Praise service and the 6.00 p.m. BCP Evensong today - with Sara joining me at the 11 a.m. service.  James B. also attended the 9.30 a.m. service and all three of us met up for coffee between the first and second service.  I was introduced to the congregation at each of the morning services by the vicar, Paul, interviewing me and during the coffee time had an opportunity to speak to a good many people.  They are a really friendly bunch and Sara was welcomed by no less than six different people before they knew she was my wife.  At the evening service I had an opportunity for a good chat with the curate, Tom, who spoke with much admiration for Paul and the way he has so far enjoyed his curacy.  I shall be joining all the ministers again tomorrow at their monthly lunch at the vicarage although I shall probably not attend their invited morning Office tomorrow as I have to catch up on writing my second ethics assignment  - which I planned out last night before going to bed.  Sara received a text from our St. Paul's friend, MM, who was having lunch with us today.  He arrived at 1.30 p.m. with a bottle of wine and as it is Sunday, I decided that Sunday didn't count as part of my Lent abstinence - besides the communion wine this morning seemed pretty strong - more like a Merlot than the usual C of E communion wine and the biscuit I had with my coffee contained chocolate chips! So I think I will now have to accept that Sunday is a day of rest - even from Lenten vows.  Even Muslims break their fast in Ramadan after the sun goes down.  MM was good company and he spent the whole afternoon with us until I left to go to St. Francis's this evening.  Spoke briefly to Mum on the phone and then did a little bit of Complex work before going to bed quite early.  Must write up my essay on Just War tomorrow morning before the ministerial lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment