Monday, March 24, 2014

Evening in Bournemouth

It was Sara's turn to take Thom to the Wallops as I would be picking him up this afternoon from Stockbridge.  I attended Morning Office at St. Francis's at 9 a.m. and there were six of us present today - three ordained and three lay ministers. We read, again, from Celebrating Common Worship.  I do like this book and think that I actually prefer it to Common Worship Prayers we use in the Clarendon Team.  I bought a copy of the smaller compact version of Celebrating Common Worship after I was recommended it as a small resource by the Alabare Senior Chaplain and I always carry a copy with me when I am on chaplaincy duty.  After Morning Office I called in at Parkwood and spent an hour or so in the gym and swim - 35 minutes in the gym and a short time in the pool and steam room.  Back home I worked for the rest of the morning and early afternoon and by the time I went to Stockbridge to pick up Thom I had a handful of about six stamped envelopes to post in the red letter box by the Co-Op.  As I crossed the road the Rector, Nils drove along and gave me a wave and a call and I also later saw his wife in the Co-Op where I was unable to get any cash from the machine because it was under repair. After picking up Thom and taking him back home I then drove through the New Forest to join the A31 down to Bournemouth to attend the Installation Meeting of Bournemouth & District Installed Masters' Lodge where Mike Codd was installing his successor.  I always enjoy going to The Knole and tonight was no exception.  A perfect ceremony followed by a wonderful dinner - mushrooms in cream sauce, roast lamb, New York cheese cake and cheese and biscuits.  I sat with the Senior Warden.  The meeting and dinner went on until 10.30 p.m. and I didn't get home until 11.30 p.m. I was looking forward to watching "Rev" which I found, much to my disappointment and despite a reminder earlier in the day, Sara had not recorded.  She had, in fact, set the Skybox to record "Rev" next week!  Finally went to bed at 1 a.m. and I am taking Thom to the Wallops in the morning.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment