Friday, March 07, 2014

Chasing the Dragon

Up at 6 a.m. today, showered and after a cup of tea drove into Salisbury to attend the Ambassadors' Business Breakfast meeting at Grasmere House Hotel.  This morning Jon gave a presentation on Aloe Vera and its products. A good presentation - simple but effective.  I left at around 9.15 a.m. and drove across the city to my next appointment which was with Paul, the vicar at St. Francis's for a meeting to set out some diary events and generally discuss my placement in his benefice.  The meeting lasted about an hour and a half over coffee in the lounge and I came away with a list of diary events which he would like me to attend - starting with attending each service tomorrow and then some ministerial meetings and other church events - mainly as an observer to help me write up my assignment for the theological reflection module.  I felt really comfortable with Paul and I am sure I will enjoy my time at St. Francis's.  I drove straight after that meeting to Alabare Place and did three hour stint there as chaplain.  Sara dropped in and share a bacon sandwich with me.  It was fairly quiet today.  One resident wanted to see me but when we went to look for him in his room it seemed he had gone out - so I spent most of the session chatting with a couple of the drop-in clients.  I picked up Thom from Stockbridge at around 3.30 p.m. and returned him home.  Sara and Mary were going out for a meal and then to Salisbury City Hall to see a performance of the Swan Lake ballet which they said was really excellent.  I promised Thom that as part of a night in  I would get us a Chinese takeaway - quite appropriate as I am currently reading Jackie Pullinger's book "Chasing the Dragon". After a short time in the family room (some peace and quiet) I drove to Parkwood Fitness Centre and swam twenty lengths in the pool with short periods in the steam room and spa at the end of each 10 lengths session.  After a shower I felt quite invigorated.  I bought a couple of Chinese meals for us which we ate on my return.  This evening I watched a film about a Nazi Hunter looking for Aribert Heim on the Netflix application  loaded on my iPad followed by a couple of episodes from "Not Going Out".  A quieter day tomorrow in the hope of getting my second ethics assignment planned out if not written.

No comments:

Post a Comment