Saturday, March 29, 2014

Saints thrash the Toon

An early start again today and  off to St. Paul's to join the Men's Group, Bacon Butties and Bibles, for the Precept bible Study on Abraham.  We studied Genesis 11 and 12 - Abraham being called away from his home to travel to Canaan.  I found the bible study quite basic but sometimes it is good to get "back to basics" and the story really did resonate with me.  In fact, I reflected on it on and off for most of the day.  After St. Paul's I met up with Sara in Waitrose for a coffee and it was good to see a member of our Christianity Explored Group serving at the cafeteria - and so we exchanged pleasantries.  I spent about half an hour with Sara before coming back to Winterslow where I wrote up this blog for the previous two days.  Thom and I left for Southampton at 12.30 p.m. to attend the big match against current rivals Newcastle United.  Just before going I had a phone conversation with my friend John C who lives in Chandlers' Ford but comes originally from Newcastle.  He joked that he was also going to the match where we would see Newcastle thrash Southampton.  Nothing of the sort!  Saints confidently won the game by 4 goals to nil!  Saints are now in eighth place in the Premier League tonight and with Manchester city drawing against Arsenal and Chelsea losing, Liverpool have a real chance tomorrow of going top! I really do hope that they pull it off and win the League this year.  It's about time.  I came home elated but feeling quite tired.  Mary has had a hectic tiring day - more so than me - today.  She had ballet training this morning and performed in the dance school's bi-annual concert at the City Hall.  She was dancing therefore until quite late this evening and Sara had to go and pick her up at 9.30 p.m. She has to do it all again tomorrow for the Sunday matinee in the afternoon.  tomorrow we shall be going as a family to St. Francis's short mothering Sunday service (it is deliberately short so that mothers can be taken out for lunch etc. - so thoughtful) then lunch before the matinee which Sara and I are attending to see Mary and her colleagues perform.  Thom, naturally, has no interest in dance even if it does involve his sister and would prefer to spend the day on his computer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment