Friday, March 21, 2014

Soggy Toast

Another early morning with me attending Ambassadors' Business Breakfast at the Grasmere House Hotel, Harnham.  The water has retreated substantially now and the Water Meadows are returning to being more meadow than water.  Not a particularly good turn out today but we were graced by the presence of "the best carpet cleaner in the world" with whom I sat.  Richard P seemed rather subdued and there felt to be a slightly laid back atmosphere.  I presented the Ambassadors' Hitler Video (The Saga of the Soggy Toast) which I believe is now on YouTube which went down well but didn't get quite as many laughs as I had expected.  Justin then gave a presentation on "SOE" which is something to do with making your website more attractive and easier to find for people using browsers.  Unfortunately he seemed to struggle with his Mac and the projector and so I think the next presentation should be on how to use digital projectors!  Following this breakfast meeting I spent a couple of hours in Sarum College Library working a bit more on my sermon - but I think it will have to be worked on more tonight.  I spent three and a half hours at Alabare Place Drop-In Centre talking especially to a newcomer - an elderly gentleman who has lost his agricultural tied cottage and has been sleeping in churchyards. He has a strong faith and believes that "him up there" will look after him. Also spent some time with some of my more regular customers.  This afternoon I worked on my sermon and completed the first draft by teatime.  I will let it stew and have a look at it tomorrow evening before finally printing it off for delivering at Stratford on Sunday.  Another long day tomorrow when I will be at Sarum College for tutorials on Funeral Ministry and Intercessions.  Watched a Poirot as a kind of reward for all the intense work done this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment