Sunday, March 02, 2014

A pleasant Sunday

I had thought about going to St. Lawrence's Church at Stratford-sub-Castle this morning but in the end, Sara and I decided to go together to St. Paul's.  Another really good service, led by Jon Langford, with Andrew Robertson preaching - although a great deal of the sermon was taken up with the testimony of a train driver, Jason, who has been in Salisbury for about a year.  Quite a lot of his story resonated with me and it made me realise just how powerful testimonies of ordinary folk are in evangelising.  We didn't stay for coffee as we had to pick up Mary from another friend in Devizes Road just as it started raining heavily again.  Back home, Sara cooked roast chicken with roast vegetables for lunch and I also spoke briefly with Mum on the phone following her visit to Hull Infirmary.  It just seems that her joints and spine are wearing out but at 85 I guess that is to be expected. This evening I met up with Mike M at the Three Crowns in Alderbury for a couple of beers and a chat.  I was really impressed with this pub which, although within the Clarendon benefice, I had never been in before.  A really pleasant drinking hole with good beer - Ringwood or Greene King (from Bury St. Edmunds).

No comments:

Post a Comment